A possible chemical leak at a Massachusetts electronic cigarette manufacturer resulted in a hazmat response and the hospitalization of dozens of plant workers.
Officials say a hazmat team was called to the e-cigarette plant in Salem Sunday afternoon to investigate a reported chlorine leak, deeming the building safe around 8 p.m. Sunday. The state fire marshal’s office says multiple ambulances were called to the same scene about an hour later, where officials say 30 people were hospitalized after reported difficulty breathing and nausea, among other symptoms.
Salem Deputy Fire Chief Alan Dionne described the scene as “mass hysteria,” saying workers were rushing out of the building. Dionne says no deaths have been reported.
Бизнес партнерство и бизнес-идеи
Copyright 2018 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Was this article valuable?
Thank you! Please tell us what we can do to improve this article.
Thank you! % of people found this article valuable. Please tell us what you liked about it.
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Amazon to Buy Online Pharmacy Startup PillPack as Entry Into Health Care
EU Will Not Ease Post-Brexit Market Access for UK Insurers, Banks: Official
Some Big Employers Moving Away from High Deductible Health Plans
Restaurants, and Diners, Pay High Price for Food-Related Illnesses